Navigation Bar

Thursday, August 27, 2015

getting closer.

via

I just wrote my baby boy's "new name" on an official document for the first time, and WOW, I didn't realize how emotional it would make me! These past 17 months have seemed so long at times and then others, like today, it seems like just yesterday I was picking up the most precious two week old baby boy from our DHS office.

This whole process has been so emotional, and like I said before, so long at times. I would get so excited for court every time we would go starting in January of this year because I had been told that termination would be taking place and the adoption process could get started.
Four.
This is how many times in the past eight months that termination was placed on hold and the adoption processed was pushed back. Four times my family got so excited, just knowing, that today is the day they will terminate! And four times it didn't happen.

17, almost 18 months since I first laid eyes on my beautiful boy, it is finally here! Termination has happened and now we wait again, but this time for the adoption hearing.

I could not be any more excited as I plan the days ahead, the adoption photos, the "name reveal" party, sharing photos of my gorgeous baby with everyone, and really just planning a life for myself and my downright rotten baby boy.

I can't wait to show you all his huge brown eyes and the cutest little grin in the whole world! And well, I think he probably has the best name ever. (Not even my closest family and friends know his name yet and it is killing them!!) ;)

Thank you for the prayers over these last months as we sat through such uncertain times. Those papers aren't signed yet but we're getting closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment